The American Coal Users’ Group recognizes a power plant each year for it’s innovation and the implementation of "best practices and continual improvements in areas including safety, environmental performance, coal handling, boiler and combustion and risk management." This plant is featured in POWER magazine as one of their Plants of the Year and is inducted into the Power Plant Hall of Fame listed below. Selections are made by the board, with input from the membership.
Deadline to apply for questionnaire is September 30th.
PRB Coal Users’ Group Plants of the Year:
(in order of most recent)
- 2018 Comanche Station, Xcel Energy/Savage Services
- 2017 Plant Scherer, Georgia Power
- 2016 Rush Island Generating Station, Ameren Missouri
- 2015 Xcel Energy/Savage-Harrington Generating Stion
- 2014 Springerville Generating Station
- 2013 (Large Plant Category) Centralia Generation Station, TransAlta
- 2013 (Small Plant Category) North Omaha Power Station, OPPD
- 2012 C.P. Crane Generating Station
- 2011 (Large Plant Category) KPC&L Iatan Plant
- 2011 (PRB Small Plant of the Year) Muscatine Power and Water
- 2010 Xcel Energy/Savage - Tolk Station
- 2009 (Large Plant Category) – Rockport Power Plant, Indiana Michigan Power Co.
- 2009 (Small Plant Category) – Hutsonville Power Plant, Ameren
- 2008 – Big Brown Power Plant, Luminant Power
- 2007 – Lawrence Energy Center, Westar Energy
- 2006 – Monticello Steam Electric Station, Luminant Power
- 2005 - No plant selected
- 2004 - Kincaid Power Station, Dominion Energy Inc
- 2003 - Jeffrey Energy Center, Westar Energy
- 2002 - Large Plant: Labadie Power Plant, AmerenUE
- 2002 - Small Plant: Tecumseh Energy Center, Westar Energy
- 2001 - Kincaid Power Station, Dominion Energy Inc
- 2000 - Miller Steam Plant, Alabama Power Company The Southern Company
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for comments, questions and/or nominations.